Summary of key findings for parents and pupils:
This is a good school
- Students make good progress in English and mathematics from their starting points which are often below average. By the end of Year 11, attainment is comfortably above average standards.
- Teaching over time is good and increasingly of high quality. Teachers know the students well and plan activities which interest and challenge them.
- Students from different groups, including disabled pupils and those with special educational needs and those who receive additional funding, make good progress. Their needs are quickly understood and high quality support is put in place.
- The school provides excellent opportunities to promote students’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development. It uses its expertise in performing arts well to help students develop as reflective, caring, thoughtful individuals.
- Students are very keen to learn. Most have excellent attitudes to learning and behave very well. They embrace responsibilities and willingly become mentors to help other students.
- The school’s leaders have kept an exceptionally sharp and very successful focus on raising standards by continuing to improve the quality of teaching across the school. They make regular checks on students’ progress and hold all staff accountable for their achievement.
- The governors know the school extremely well and are highly effective in challenging the staff to raise standards even further.
- The sixth form is good. Achievement is improving and students are making good progress. Some students do exceptionally well and university entry rates are high.
Click here to see Ofsted school data and download reports